Welcome to CSCE Edmonton
What does Geothermal Energy in Alberta mean? With Alberta being a large oil producer, these wells might be able to see new life as a new clean energy alternative. Alberta has great geothermal energy potential that can be used to generate electricity, heat and cool building, help in the production of food, and other industrial processes. With this potential Alberta can ensure its own energy security. Through the looking at various cases of geothermal energy in Alberta a path to our energy future will be discussed.
T.M. Gunderson, M.Sc., P.Eng, PE, CPA, is the Vice President and a founder of Enerpro Engineering. As the Vice President of Enerpro, T.M is dedicated to driving execution and creating best practices for sustainable yearly growth. His knowledge and expertise has added value to numerous renewable energy projects throughout his career.
T.M. earned a CMA designation from CMA Alberta. He holds a M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Alberta and is a registered Professional Engineer in Canada and the United States.
A presentation abstract is available to download by clicking here.
As technology continues to evolve, so does the field of Civil Engineering. Technological advancements have allowed for innovations to challenge established norms. Innovations in technology, processes and delivery tools and methods have revolutionized traditional practices in all aspects of project planning, design and construction; and, in information management and communication processes. Rapid advancements in digital technology have allowed for information and feedback reporting to flow in real time, facilitating a more collaborative process, thereby improving the execution and delivery of large, complex projects.
Please join the CSCE Edmonton Section in this inaugural one-day symposium to showcase the following projects and advancements in the industry:
- Leadership / Disruptors - Dan Meidl, P.Eng., M.Eng., MBA
- Emerging Technologies in Structural Design - Blair Bisson, P.Eng., M.Eng. & Neil Kemp, CET, CanBIM P3
- Applications of BIM and Digitally Assisted Fabrication in the Parliament Hill Renovations - Lara Chow, BAS, MArch.
- City of Edmonton Borden Park Natural Pool - Robb Heit, P.Eng.
- Construction of the New Iqaluit Airport - Kevin Hodgins, FEC, FCSSE, P. Eng., MCSCE, API 653
- Project Delivery: Lean Design and Construction and Integrated Project Delivery - Dick Bayer
The Canadian Society for Civil Engineering is delighted to invite you to the CSCE 2019 Annual Conference in Laval (Greater Montreal), QC June 12-15, 2019. The theme is Growing with Youth. From this perspective, we promise you an opportunity to expand your technical knowledge, to network with professional colleagues, and to enjoy social events with friends and family.
The specialty conference of the CSCE 2019 Annual Conference will be:
- CSCE General Conference
- 7th International Construction Specialty Conference
- 17th International Environmental Specialty Conference
- 24th Canadian Hydrotechnical Conference
- 7th International Engineering Mechanics and Materials Specialty Conference
For more information please visit the conference website: www.csce2019.ca
If you are interested in finding out what CSCE Young Professional events are coming up click Here.